Thank you for your reading and interest in the news UN Yemen envoy condemns missile attack on MP's home and now with details
Hind Al Soulia - Riyadh - A rebel missile attack on the home of a Yemeni MP killed two of his relatives, authorities said Thursday, drawing condemnation from the UN after a recent strike in the area left 116 dead.
The attack on Wednesday night targeted the home of parliamentarian Mossad Hussein Al Sawadi in Marib province, east of the capital, killing his daughter-in-law and 16-year-old granddaughter, according to the official Saba news agency.
"Sawadi was seriously injured along with three other members (of his family)," said Hussein Al Huleissi, director of the criminal investigation department in Marib.
"The strike destroyed the home completely and caused panic in the residential neighbourhood."
United Nations envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths condemned the attack and called for a halt to the recent military escalation in Yemen, which comes after several months of relative peace.
"Targeting MPs and civilian areas is unacceptable and against international law," he said in a tweet.
The attack came after a missile strike blamed on Houthi rebels killed 116 people including civilians at a mosque in a military camp in Marib on Saturday.
The civil war began when the Iran-backed Houthi rebels overran most of north Yemen, including the capital, Sanaa, pushing out President Abdrabu Mansur Hadi’s government.
Saudi Arabia and coalition partners intervened in the conflict a year later.
The United Arab Emirates strongly condemned the Houthi missile attack.
In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation affirmed the UAE's "utter condemnation of the criminal act and its firm rejection of all forms of violence and terrorism".
The Ministry also expressed its sincere condolences and sympathy to the families of the victims of this heinous crime and its wishes for a speedy recovery for all of the injured.
On Thursday, authorities in Marib said they dismantled two Houthi-linked "cells" that took part in planning the strike.
The attack on the mosque, one of the bloodiest single incidents since the war erupted, came a day after coalition-backed government forces launched a large-scale operation against the Houthis in the Nihm region, north of Sanaa.
Army spokesman Abdullah Al Shandaki told AFP on Tuesday that 72 Houthis had been killed in the fighting.
Updated: January 23, 2020 07:03 PM
These were the details of the news UN Yemen envoy condemns missile attack on MP's home for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at The National and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.