Hello and welcome to the details of Peru McDonald’s fined US$250,000 after worker deaths and now with the details
LIMA, Dec 27 — Peruvian authorities yesterday fined the local owner of a McDonald’s franchise US$250,000 for serious safety violations after two employees were electrocuted to death.
Two workers, an 18-year-old man and a woman, died on December 15 while cleaning the kitchen of a McDonald’s in Pueblo Libre, in the Lima province.
Police said the woman suffered an electric shock while handling one of the soda machines. Her coworker tried to help her but was also shocked in the process.
“We have found six very serious infractions, one of which was not communicating (the death) in a timely manner,” said Juan Carlos Requejo, head of the National Superintendency of Labor Inspection (Sunafil).
In a statement, Sunafil announced it was fining the Arcos Dorados operations company up to 845,760 soles, approximately US$250,000.
Among the other infractions found was a failure to provide safe working conditions, in terms of both the facilities and the equipment used, “specifically the soft drink dispensing machine.”
The Sunafil report said the company already knew the soda machine was damaged but “took no action.”
Arcos Dorados confirmed on December 21 that a faulty soda machine had caused the accident. — AFP
These were the details of the news Peru McDonald’s fined US$250,000 after worker deaths for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at Malay Mail and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.