The Survivor Series 2020 saw a showdown between WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre.
In an exciting and close match, unfair means were used to crown a winner.
Exactly 30 years after the Undertaker’s debut, the chapter closed on Sunday at the WWE Survivor Series. Undertaker let his character rest in front of the biggest names in the wrestling industry.
The Undertaker’s final farewell
This year’s Survivor Series event ended with the final farewell to the Undertaker. To honor the Undertaker’s career 30 years after his debut, old companions, great rivals and arguably the greatest legends of the wrestling industry appeared in the WWE Thunderdome. There were among others Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Booker T, JBL and the father of Jimmy and Jey Uso, Rikishi.
When all the legends had gathered in the ring, a video about the deadman’s career was shown. Instead of seeing the legends again as expected afterwards, however, the CEO of WWE, Vince McMahon, stood in the ring and addressed a few emotional words to the Deadman. Before the bells of the legendary entrance music finally rang, McMahon ended his lecture by saying that the legacy of the Undertaker would live on forever.
After his traditionally long and mystical march to the ring, Undertaker chants were faded in. The Deadman said that the time had come to let the Undertaker rest (“time to let the Undertaker rest in peace”). He performed his legendary gestures one last time and then slowly disappeared into the backstage area. Probably the most legendary picture was created when the late former manager of the undertake, Paul Bearer, was faded in and it looked as if the deadman was once again summoning power from the urn in Bearer’s hand.
Epic battle between Reigns and McIntyre
In a main event worthy of Wrestlemania, the tension between WWE SmackDown-sent Universal Champion Roman Reigns and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre was palpable.
Under the eyes of his advisor Paul Heyman, the Tribal Chief was able to gain the upper hand in an intense argument at the beginning. Reigns usually quickly countered short offensive phases from McIntyre. However, the longer the match lasted, the more even and tougher it got. After a few nearfalls on both sides, the Tribal Chief dropped McIntyre through the commentary desk with a Samoan drop and speared him through the barricades. However, the “Scottish warrior” kicked out of the subsequent pin attempt. The next Reigns Spear didn’t change that.
When McIntyre caught Reigns with his special attack, the Claymore Kick, the referee was also eliminated. Jey Uso used this to support his leader. After a lowblow from Reigns and a super kick from Uso, the Tribal Chief took his opponent in the guillotine surrender and won the match.
The other highlights:
– The main show started with the Men’s Survivor Series Elimination Match. To the shock of the SmackDown team, Rollins knelt down after his substitution, endured Sheamus’ special attack – the Brogue Kick – for the “greater good” and was thus the first to be eliminated.
After Kevin Owens stunted almost the entire opponent team, he had to take the Phenominal Forearm from AJ and was also eliminated. After King Corbin and Otis had to give up, Jey Uso faced five opponents alone. After a short offensive, however, he was eliminated by Keith Lee with a Spirit Bomb. Despite all the differences in the run-up, Team Raw SmackDown was able to defeat 5-0.
– The women made their Survivor Series Elimination Match more exciting than the men. While the blue team represented a united front, the raw team focused on discrediting Lana. In a spectacular action, Peyton Royce promoted the self-proclaimed team captain of SmackDown, Bayley, from the third ring rope to the wrestlers gathered outside using a superplex. In the ring, Peyton could surprisingly eliminate Bayley.
After the eliminations of Natalye, Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan on the blue and Lacey Evans and Peyton Royce on the red, Bianca Belair faced three Raw Superstars. In a chaotic final phase, Shayna Baszler was disqualified and Nia Jax and Belair were counted. As a result, Team Raw won the match thanks to Lana who was condemned to watch by Jax.
– Before the match between the SmackDown and Raw Tag Team Champions began, the three New Day members advertised their appearance in the video game Gears 5 by coming to the ring wearing the accompanying uniform.
The match was characterized by a friendly competitive spirit. During the hot phase, Montez Ford was able to use a spectacular Frog Splash and Kofi Kingston’s special attack, Trouble in Paradiese, against Kofi. However, this was not enough for victory. It wasn’t until Dawkins and Ford knocked down Xavier Woods with their final attack, the blockbuster, that The New Day had to admit defeat. The mutual respect was underpinned by hugs after the match.
– Unlike her match at the WWE Summer Slam event in August, SmackDown Champion Sasha Banks and her counterpart on Monday Night Raw, Asuka, met at eye level. In a spectacular, fast-paced, high-class encounter, Banks was able to secure victory after a series of quick pin attempts.
– Accompanied by the hurt business, the United States Champion Bobby Lashley entered the ring. His opponent, Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn, received little offense, as was to be expected. His unsuccessful tactic was to let himself be attacked by the hurt business in order to win by disqualification. Lashley brought his opponent to the surrender after just under eight minutes.
– The Miz won the Dual Brand Battle Royal in the Kickoff Show. After Dominik Mysterio eliminated Chad Gable, Gable thought he had won the match. The Miz stayed outside the ring and kicked Rey Mysterio’s son out of the ring.
– The Gobbledy Gooker was also able to pin R-Truth in the Kickoff Show and win the 24/7 title. Later that evening, however, he lost it to Akira Tozawa. However, he had to give the title back to the now 45-time champion R-Truth.
WWE Survivor Series 2020 results on November 22, 2020:
Dual Brand Battle Royal: Sieger The Miz
Men’ Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw besiegte Team SmackDown
WWE Tag Team Champions vs Champions Match: The Street Profits besiegten The New Day
United States Champion Booby Lashley besiegte Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn
Women’s Champions Match: Sasha Banks defeated Asuka
Women’s Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Raw besiegte Team SmackDown
WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns besiegte WWE Champion Drew McIntyre
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
These were the details of the news A legendary farewell and a battle of the titans for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.
It is also worth noting that the original news has been published and is available at de24.news and the editorial team at AlKhaleej Today has confirmed it and it has been modified, and it may have been completely transferred or quoted from it and you can read and follow this news from its main source.